Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wedding? Moving along...

T - 157 days until the big day. I guess you can say its roughly 5 months. I have got to give props to Krystal for the organization of everything. If it weren't for her we would be cramming our wedding like a an exam. Quick rundown of completed tasks:

Venue - check
menu - check
guest list - almost check
photography - check
flowers - check
DJ - almost check

The DJ thing is kind of a weird topic. So I feel like I always wanted a live band. I imagined that we would have our wedding at night and after all the program stuff there would like hours of dancing and just having fun. Well I guess it never works that perfectly because we were only able to get an afternoon gig. So that means, times becomes very important. There won't be that extra hour of night time dancing or anything. So when we look at the timeline of the reception, they might be an hour at the most for dancing. So do we really need a live band for an hour. Also if we're doing the live band thing they don't play during buffet, slideshow, and all the other wedding activities other than dancing. So is it worth it? Compared to a DJ, who will be there during the cocktail part, buffett, activities, and the dancing. I believe that we can also give DJ's music to play during certain times of the reception. "Is there really a choice?" you might ask. But having the live band would be fulfilling what I wanted for the wedding. What should I do?

All the people that I got wedding advice, all said that they had DJs and the best part was just handing over a playlist and they just press play. They take care of all the transitions and fades. I guess the choice is obvious. In the words of a wedding advisor, "Just make it the Chris Lee DANCE PARTY."

No comments:

Post a Comment