Monday, March 16, 2009

Jeez Louise!

Ok so its been a while since my last post. I can't really think of a reason why it took so long. Anyway I'll try my best to get as much information down as possible.

Let's see, during the last week in February I went on a trip to Hilo! Tagged as "That's it?" Meaning that there was very little to do in Hilo. The town is in fact fairly small and the "downtown" area is no bigger than 3 square city blocks. I feel like Punahou's campus is bigger. I went to Hilo to be a part of Krystal's cousin Sabrina's Wedding. It was the first trip I took as a guest with the Sakata family. Krystal has already done it a few times with my family and now it was my turn to be th eguest. I guess i wasn't really a guest but I was one of 2 non-Sakata people on the Sakata side. The trip was also my first trip to the Big Island and I realize why everyone considers the outer islands as being country. There is very little to do there. Which would also justify all the babies being born there.

All that aside it was a very cool trip where I got to hang out with the family as well as the extended family. I guess Sabrina an co. were really close to Krystal when they were younger and Krystal often told stories of a "hana bata" days in Hilo so it was good to see where she was coming from. Who knew that it would be so un-eventful. We did get to enjoy the finest of the cuisine Hilo had to offer and a very generous does of alcohol. Actually there were very little times where we were not drinking.

I was re-aquainted with Uncel Steven and Aunty Faye and they were very welcoming. We even got a few locked in responses for our wedding in July. The more people the merrier I say. Although peaceful and gloomy (just the way I like it) I don't think that i'll be runnign of to Hilo soon. The next island that we have in our sights will probablky be Maui. Definitely looking forward to breakfast buffets and morning beers with the Sakatas agai.

Ok fast forward a few uneventful weekends and its poker night! This past weekend we had a poker night with the guys plus Krystal. This time we were able to get a few new players like Jon and Mike to come. Mike being a free man, for at least a while, decided to hang out with the boys. Jon who is always deployed some where found that his feet were in Honolulu so he decided to join us too. There were some bad beats and some amazingly dirty rivers but all in all they were good times shared with old friends. Not mention the wine and cream cheese won ton were unbeatable.

But aside all the in house gambling I felt that the highlight of the evening was the Wii. My future brother in laws came to play and to pass teh time we turned on the Wii to play a pin pong game which was at times more fun then the actual poker game. The last tournament play ended at around 1 but all played the Wii until 4. I guess time just flies when your smashing a ping pong ball or destroying tanks. Ahh... only good times with the Wii.

I feel guilty to end the post with such huge gaps but it has been somewhat busy. I'll try to be more frequent with the posting during spring break. SPRING BREAK T minus 5 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment