Monday, January 12, 2009

Start of a New Year

This winter break went by way too fast. Just yesterday I was ushering my kids out of my classroom and getting belligerent at Dave & Busters. And here I am now back at desk wondering which mountain of work I should start on first.

Winter Break '08 had some interesting moments such as; reuniting with 3 cousins from the mainland, having Christmas come and go without even a flinch of Christmas spirit, and a New Year's Eve party that is barely remember-able. Can you believe that the '09 has been here for 12 days? Talk about a fast start.

We got started on wedding day planning such as getting ideas for save-the-date cards, bridesmaid dresses, and hunting down a telephone book worth of addresses. Actually I was surprised that the wedding planning process is moving along on a steady pace. I shouldn't get too comfortable though huh?

Christopher M. Lee, tenured teacher. I finally made it to my tenure! It felt like I was the last person on the island to get their tenure but now I have it and I feel... exactly the same. I still can't say "no" to the principal when she asked if I wanted to attend an after school podcast training session. What will it take so I can get rid of this "Yes-man" persona off me? Nevertheless I will look forward to the awesome party that I plan to have sometime this weekend! Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment