Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Say hello to a reformed Yes-Man

I am a reformed Yes-Man. What does that mean? I can now, with some truth behind my words, say... I'll think about it. BECAUSE this boy is no probie anymore. I got my tenure! I don't have to say yes to everything anymore! Well actually its still hard to say "No." I tried saying it but all that came out was, "I could." Which was followed by laughter and a comment that "I could" is the most politically correct way to say, "No."

I need to work on different ways to say no.....

advice from a teacher on my tenure, "Chris now you got your tenure, you should look for a new job. Use this valuable time to look for a better job, one that you could be happy doing. They can't really fire you anymore."

Hmmm... does the world really work this way?

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on TENURE! that's right, now we can say (with some degree of believability) "i'll think about it" instead of an immediate "yes," "sure," or "i'll get right on that." it ROCKS that "they can't really fire you anymore" (except, you know, if you add a bunch of expletives to the "i'll think about it.") hehe.

    ReplyDelete